New Business Info

Do you have a new business in Cottleville? Please find our applications under "Forms, Permits, & Licenses".   Some items you may need in order to get your business started in the City of Cottleville are: 

  • Business License Application
  • Liquor License Application
  • Live Entertainment License Application
  • Missouri Retail Sales Tax License stating your are inside the City Limits of Cottleville (573-751-9268)
  • No Tax Due Letter from the Missouri Department of Revenue (573-751-9268)
  • City of Cottleville Occupancy Inspection Permit (contact Lindsay Jones at 636-498-6565, ext. 203)
  • Certificate of Insurance for Workers Compensation Coverage
  • Sign Permit Application
  • Building Permit Application is needed for new building and tenant finishes.
Please contact the City Clerk at for any new business questions.  

Please note:  some businesses require additional application processes, such as, rezoning, conditional use permits, etc.  We can assist with these applications/processes when necessary.
  1. A Conditional Use Permit/Application may be required for your business type. 
  2. ALL new businesses require a conditional use permit when locating within the Cottleville Old Town Historic District.  
  3. ALL changes to any signage and/or exterior building within the Cottleville Old Town Historic District requires a Certificate of Appropriateness.