Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are Court costs?
The Court Costs amount is set by Missouri State Statute.
- $ 7.50 (Crime Victims Fund)
- $ 5.00 (Police Training)
- $ 3.00 (Sheriff's Retirement Fund)
- $ 27.50 TOTAL COURT COSTS
2. Do I have to appear in Court?
No, it is not necessary to appear in Court for some traffic violations, or if you wish to plead guilty to the charge. If you have any questions whether it is necessary to appear in Court, please contact the Court Clerk at
3. Do I need a lawyer?
If you wish to plead guilty and pay the fine and cost, it is not necessary to have an attorney represent you.
4. How can I request a continuance or set up a payment schedule?
Contact the Court Clerk to request a continuance or to set up a payment schedule. However, the Judge may require you to appear on your original Court Date.
5. How do I pay a fine?
- ONLY Cash, Check, or Money Order is accepted in the office.
You may mail your fine, pay in person, or appear :
Cottleville Municipal Court
5490 Fifth Street
Cottleville, Missouri 63304
The Court Offices are open Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. There is also a drop box at this location for use after hours. Please place payment inside an envelope with your name on the outside.
6. How many points am I allowed on my license before it will be
suspended or revoked?
Suspension = 8 points in 18 months
Revocation = 12 points in 12 months
7. Fine Schedule:
8. 2017 Court Dates:
Click HERE to view the Fine Schedule for the City of Cottleville.